Almond Butter Pesto
2 cups fresh basil, loosely packed
2 tablespoons Justin’s® Classic Almond Butter
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 16-ounce whole wheat pizza dough (homemade or prepared)
4 ounces whole milk mozzarella, torn into pieces
1 cup arugula
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- For the pesto, place basil, almond butter, garlic, olive oil, parmesan, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Spread dough onto a hot pizza stone.
- Spread pesto onto pizza dough and top with mozzarella
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melty and crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with arugula. Slice into 6 pieces and enjoy!